[Resolved] Need help ssl certificate

Home Forums General issues Need help ssl certificate

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Rogier Lankhorst 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Floyd Roberts
    Participant

I decided to try here and I have no idea how to use it. Tried sending email but I can’t include a question. Well I could use some help using this. Today my site says my ssl certificate expired to others and that its unsafe. Trying to fix that! turoksanctum.com

#84505 Reply

Your support request was received in good order and has been asnwered. I’ll post the answer here as well:

I just checked your site, the problem is that your certificate has expired:
    https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=turoksanctum.com

A valid SSL certificate is required for Really Simple SSL and Really Simple SSL pro.

For support on your expired SSL certificate, I would recommend to contact the supplier, which is possibly your hosting company.

As soon as the scan returns a grade A, I can help you configure your site for SSL.

Let me know if you have any questions!

#86237 Reply

Matthew

Hello friends,

please i need help with ssl certificate, i tried to use the plugin to my website it will not work.
    am not that good at it, i need an advice on how i can come about uploading ssl to my website. the one i have on the website it says it’s has expired from 2012 and i want to take it off and install a new one. i need help pls

#86351 Reply

Mark Wolters
    Keymaster

Hi Matthew,

it sounds like your website is using a certificate that has expired. Really Simple SSL is not a certificate itself and needs a valid certificate before it can work correctly. We recommend to obtain a certificate at your hosting provider, they will have access to the server and can install the certificate for you. Once a valid certificate is installed, Really Simple SSL will help to migrate your site to SSL.

Mark

#95635 Reply

Kirsten

I created and downloaded an SSL certificate from sslforfree.com. I copied these into my cpanel admin dashboard on godaddy.com and installed the Really Simple SSL on my wordpress site. When activated, one is unable to visit my site without a warning that the site is not secure. I am forced to deactivate the plugin to allow my website to be functional.

Please advise (take note that I have no expertise or experience in this area)

#95647 Reply

Mark Wolters
    Keymaster

Hi Kirsten,

it is possible the certificate isn’t installed correctly and therefore the results in a warning. Can you check if the certificate checks out by doing a scan here: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/?

Mark

#95771 Reply

Kirsten

Mark, THANK YOU! That site returned the issue and helped me resolve it on my own, it’s all fixed now. Thanks so much!!

#104280 Reply

Dawn Sovinsky

Hello. I have been in contact with word press. They said I have a valid license. I have Really Simple SSL plugin installed in my page, it shows up as downloaded, yet I can get no further. I went to QUalys SSL Labs, and the site can’t be found. Any suggestions?

#104333 Reply

If SSL labs can’t find your site, it’s probably a DNS issue. Your webhoster can help you with that. Really Simple SSL can only activate if your site can actually load over https. If you post your domain we can check if for you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Need help ssl certificate
Your information: