Important! Deactivating the plugin in WordPress reverts your site to http
Is it possible to deactivate Really Simple SSL without losing SSL?
Yes, it is possible. Since version 3.0 of the plugin this can be done by pressing the ‘Deactivate but keep SSL’ button in the plugin settings.
But please note that:
- The mixed content fixer won’t work anymore
- If you use wp redirect for redirection, this won’t work anymore
- The SSL redirect on rest_api redirect won’t be active anymore
What stays after deactivating the plugin:
- If enabled, the .htaccess redirect
- Your site_url will stay on https
- Any wp-config fixes that were needed to do the change.