When people migrate to SSL, they tend to forget a few things, that can cause worries. So, I will make a short list here of the most important things you should do when migrating your site to https.
- Check your ssl certificate with SSL labs: http://ssllabs.com/ssltest/ If you don’t get an A, contact your hosting provider.
- Check your site for mixed content, do the scan with Really Simple SSL pro. Really Simple SSL fixes all http references in your site, but not:
- http links in .js or css files
- external .js, .css or images on domains without SSl certificate (they cannot load over ssl)
- external .js or .css files with http links
- Do you have Facebook likes on your page? These are connected to your http domain. If so, you can exclude the Facebook domain from the mixed content fixer.
At this point you can move your site to https,
Hope this helps for everyone migrating to SSL. If you have any additions here, let me know.