How to update your payment method/card (billing method)
You can update your payment method in the profile tab of your account page. The process of doing this slightly differs depending on if you are switching from/to PayPal or Credit Card. Please find below the instructions for your situation.
- Transferring subscriptions between credit cards
- Transferring subscriptions from, to or between PayPal accounts
Transferring subscriptions between credit cards
- Log in to your account.
- Navigate to the ‘Payment Methods’ tab. Here you will see the information linked to your current credit card.
- Important: Please add a new card, before deleting the current card
- After adding your new card, delete the old one.
- Set your new card as the default card.
Transferring subscriptions from, to or between PayPal accounts
Really Simple SSL doesn’t store any card information on our servers. Any changes to your card are directly processed within your payment provider (Stripe or PayPal). This is why you need to cancel your subscription with your old PayPal account or credit card, before re-enabling it via the new account.
- Log in to your Really Simple SSL account, navigate to the subscriptions tab and click Cancel behind the subscription you wish to transfer.
- On the Licenses tab, you will now see a ‘Renew Now’ button, behind your license key. Click it.
- You will now be redirected to the checkout page, which allows you to renew your Really Simple SSL license with your new payment method of choice.
Please note that your new payment method will directly be charged for a yearly renewal. If you wish to wait until the end of the current billing period, you can delay steps 2 and 3. We will automatically send you an email reminder two weeks before your license expires. If you do renew directly, a full year will be added to your subscription. So for example, if you’re license is still valid for 6 months it will now be valid for 1,5 year.