If you want your switch to SSL to be as smooth as possible, we can handle it for you.
The migration service includes
- Check of your SSL certificate
- Installation of Really Simple SSL and Really Simple SSL pro, with valid license
- Scan of your site for issues when on SSL
- Small fixes on your system needed to make it run on SSL (like url changes into https, downloading of files, etc).
- Check if your redirects are valid 301 redirects
- Configuration of HSTS (HTTP strict transport protocol)
- Your site optimised for SSL
Not included are coding changes or plugin changes that would be needed because plugins, themes, or custom code do not support SSL. For example, when a widget does not support SSL. If you want we can give a quote on this.
Requirements for your setup
- Valid SSL certificate
- Deactivated Varnish cache. You can always try to turn it back on later, but during the migration we need it turned off.
- If you use CloudFlare or other CDN services, we need access so we can make any necessary changes
- Migration of your website to SSL will under normal circumstances be scheduled within 3 business days after you have submitted all necessary information to us.
- If possible we will migrate during your nighttime
- In holiday periods this may take a while longer
- We will always try to help you as quickly as possible
Please note: this is not the installation of an SSL certificate. This service will configure and optimise your site to run over the SSL.