2.5.17 is in beta, and can be tested! Please test this new version and let us know your experiences!
Some multisite changes have been added:
- The home_url and site_url on multisite are now checked if they should return a http or https url when SSL is enabled on a per site basis. As WordPress returns https when the current site is loaded over https, this could cause issues when links to non https sites were rendered.
- To prevent any confusion about the network menu on multisite, a notice is added that there will be no network menu when Really Simple SSL is activated per site.
- The dismissal of the multisite SSL activated notice did not work properly, this has been fixed.
- The wpmu_new_blog hook is now used so a new site will be activated as SSL when network wide is activated.
For single site installs, two changes:
- For JetPack users we limited the fix that sets JetPack to listen on port 80 to be used only on reverse proxy / load balanced servers. Normally this should be the only situation in which this fix is needed.
- A constant has been added in case you don’t want the wp_rest_api to be forced over SSL.