[Resolved] Worked, then didn't. Twice. Strange

Home Forums General issues Worked, then didn't. Twice. Strange

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Wolters 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Scott Taylor

I’m trying to set up pavlovaproject.com with a Simple SSL certificate on Flywheel. I’ve used your plugin before, and it works great.

This time, the certificate just won’t take. Here’s the debug log –

Options:
    * WordPress redirect
    * Mixed content fixer
    SERVER:
    SSL is enabled for this site
    ** Detecting configuration **
    plugin version: 2.5.26
    Already on SSL, start detecting configuration
    SSL type: LOADBALANCER
    ** Configuring SSL **
    checking if .htaccess can or should be edited…
    .htaccess does not contain default Really Simple SSL redirect
    retrieving redirect rules
    converting siteurl and homeurl to https

(I do turn on Force HTTPS with Flywheel, that takes care of the .htaccess issue.)

Twice I got a green lock for a short time, then it went away. 2nd time, I deactivated Yoast, activated it, and green lock. Then closed the tab and loaded the site on a new tab, no green lock anymore.

I’ve used Better Search and Replace to convert all the URLs. usually at this point I can deactivate Really simple SSL, and the site is fine.

I think I just want to rule out that this plugin might be the culprit, so I can continue looking for other causes. (The only plugin I haven’t seen on other sites is Timeline Express, do you have any known conflicts with that plugin?

Thanks,
    Scott

#89750 Reply

Scott Taylor

Oops, never mind. Looks like it might have been a persistent caching issue with my browser. Everyone else seems to be able to get a green lock, even me on my iPhone.

Again, great plugin!! Sorry to bother you.

scott

#89794 Reply

Mark Wolters
    Keymaster

Hi Scott,

glad to hear you managed to solve the issue. Please let us know if you run into any issues in the future.

Mark

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Worked, then didn't. Twice. Strange
Your information: