Forum | Really Simple SSL

The mixed content fixer is activated, but was not detected on the frontpage.

Home Forums Mixed content in my site The mixed content fixer is activated, but was not detected on the frontpage.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ahmed

My site: ahmedkhan.me has an SSL Certificate from CloudFlare. I have verified this with Qualys SSL Test and the initial SSL activation with the plugin worked fine. However, on all browsers I have tried (chrome, edge and firefox), the green padlock does not show, and instead, https:// is striked through. The error in the plugin says that there is still mixed content on the site, but I do not know how to fix this.

Many Thanks,
    Ahmed

Ahmed

I have checked numerous mixed content tools and all of them state that there is no mixed content on my website. Upon checking the certififcate on google chrome, it says my certificate is ‘self-signed’, but on Cloudflare, my SSL Certificate is Active and shown by SSL Tests. I’m really stumped on this.

Rogier
    Keymaster

It sounds like there’s an issue with the way the SSL certificate is set up. Did you check the steps in this article?
    https://really-simple-ssl.com/knowledge-base/ssl-cloudflare-really-simple-ssl/

What does the scan on SSLlabs.com/ssltest say?

Ahmed

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the quick reply. I see, do you think I should remove cloudflare from my site, deactivate SSL and start again? Or is there any other form of solution?

Thanks!

Ahmed

Rogier*

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Ahmed,

it’s not necessary to remove Cloudflare from your site, Really Simple SSL and Cloudflare can work together. Usually switching the Cloudflare Full/Flexible SSL setting is enough to make it work. It seems your site does have the green lock now, did you manage to fix the issue?

Mark

Ahmed

Hi Mark,

Yes, weirdly enough, after using a computer on another network, the SSL on the site seems to work fine. I’m unsure why the issue still remains for my home network but I assume it will just take a little longer for it work.

Thanks for the help!

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Ahmed,

it sounds like you are still visiting a cached webpage on your home network. Clearing your browsers cache might solve the issue.

Mark

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘The mixed content fixer is activated, but was not detected on the frontpage.’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe