Forum | Really Simple SSL

SSL activated multisite, but subsites are not redirecting to secure url

Home Forums Multisite SSL activated multisite, but subsites are not redirecting to secure url

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Darren Cacy

Hello! I have installed and activated SSL on my multisite, and redirection to ssl is working on the main site but not on a subsite. When I go directly to a secure url on the subsite it works, but not if I just use http.

Is there something special I have to do when using this plugin on a multisite in order to get it to redirect?

Rogier
    Keymaster

Did you activate SSL network wide or per site? If you have activated networkwide, it might be caching. Please check your subsite redirection settings, and enable .htaccess redirect if not activated. You might consider Really Simple SSL pro multisite, which offers more options on the network level. You can then enable .htaccess redirection on the network level.

MEPAK

Hallo,
    I have installed our SSL after many weeks of trying. It indicates “SSL is enabled on your site” but at the website, it still shows not secure/unsafe.
    This is putting off the clients for fear of any malware.

MEPAK

Sorry, what do you mean by if activated SSL network wide or per site?

Mel

The domain SSL is valid and the padlock shows up, but there is an exclamation point and a message stating “parts of this page are not secure (such as images)”. Everything on my server is rendering with SSL. I think it must be some wordpress and or other plugin stuff that I can’t control the web address of. How do I fix this? I’m using Elementor Pro. That seems to require some extra work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘SSL activated multisite, but subsites are not redirecting to secure url’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe