Forum | Really Simple SSL

Security alert when accessing site from mobile / messenger, etc.

Home Forums General issues Security alert when accessing site from mobile / messenger, etc.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Katalin Bator-Hos

Hi

I have SSL registered on my site and I have installed the Really Simple SSL plugin because I thought it would solve the problem but unfortunately didn’t ๐Ÿ™ When I send a link (my website, post etc) in messenger for example and someone is checking it in mobile, they get a security alert and link is not opening even when they hit Special and “Ok i understood but i want to go to the link”
    Has anyone experienced this problem? How can I fix this? THanks!

Rogier
    Keymaster

In most cases issues like this are caused by an issue with the SSL certificate. If you run a scan on ssllabs.com/ssltest, and you see “chain issues”, or other issues with your certificate, you should contact your webhoster to fix the certificate.

Katalin Bator-Hos

Hello Rogier,

Thank you so much for the link and I am at the moment contacting the webhoster to resolve the issue. The site does not have chain issues but it is in grade ‘B’ now… it says this

This server accepts RC4 cipher, but only with older browsers. Grade capped to B. MORE INFO ยป
    The server does not support Forward Secrecy with the reference browsers. MORE INFO

so i contact them about this…

Thank you really for your help! ๐Ÿ™‚ Katalin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Security alert when accessing site from mobile / messenger, etc.’ is closed to new replies.

Join our mailing list - 8 Tips & Tricks in your inbox over the next 8 weeks!

Integrate with Really Simple SSL

Really Simple SSL offers a Free SSL Certificate from Let’s Encrypt. Do you want to integrate with Really Simple SSL as a hosting provider? Let us know!

Choose the answer that most closely resembles your proposed integration. Additional information can be entered below.
After sending the form. The pop-up will close automatically.