Redirects issue

Home Forums Really Simple SSL pro Redirects issue

This topic contains 26 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  CrownRandall 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

CrownRandall
    Participant

We are all of a sudden getting some fail to load due to too many redirects…help

#20460 Reply

CrownRandall
    Participant

Url is earlybirdpaper.com

#20461 Reply

CrownRandall
    Participant

Another issue is any links clicked through facebook are appearing broken in mobile…which is large number of our visits

#20462 Reply

CrownRandall
    Participant

Now i am also seeing our menu drop down and featured slider on our mobile site not working as well…grrr

#20463 Reply

Clinton Randall

It is CrownRandall….i did fix the last issue about slider and drop menu…was cache issue…still issues with others unfortunately

#20464 Reply

Hi, I’m at another location now, can you open up your site to xxxxxx?

#20481 Reply

CrownRandall
    Participant

Should be open for you now

#20482 Reply

CrownRandall
    Participant

i do not have this enabled if makes a difference
    HTTP Strict Transport Security was not set in your .htaccess

#20485 Reply

Hi, I’m back at home now… Back at xxxxxxxx
    Can you add that one as well?

As for the redirect loop: I checked your certificate, that looks good. So the problem is either in the htaccess or in another plugin.

Can you remove the .htaccess redirect to check if that solves the issue?
    Are there any other redirects in the .htaccess that could conflict?
    Do you maybe have a multilanguage plugin, or redirect plugin installed?

#20486 Reply

CrownRandall
    Participant

that ip should be open

#20487 Reply

CrownRandall
    Participant

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^bluebagmedia.com [OR]
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.bluebagmedia.com
    RewriteRule (.*)$ https://www.earlybirdpaper.com/ [R=301,L]
    </IfModule>

# BEGIN rlrssslReallySimpleSSL rsssl_version[2.4.3]
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{HTTP:X-Forwarded-Proto} !https
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]
    </IfModule>
    # END rlrssslReallySimpleSSL

# BEGIN WordPress
    <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/[0-9]+\..+\.cpaneldcv$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/[A-F0-9]{32}\.txt(?:\ Comodo\ DCV)?$
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ – [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/[0-9]+\..+\.cpaneldcv$
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/[A-F0-9]{32}\.txt(?:\ Comodo\ DCV)?$
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

# END WordPress

#20488 Reply

Yes, I get the redirect loop now. The HSTS does not affect this .

Your htaccess looks good. But to verify if it works as it should, I would start with trying what happens if you remove the redirect from the .htaccess.

#20491 Reply

CrownRandall
    Participant

i had it removed when you checked i think…i just put it back in htaccess
    I am seeing broken site issues on mobile versions all over now again…even in chrome, etc

#20496 Reply

The site now loads well in Chrome and Firefox, so I can’t see any issues now.

Maybe there’s a caching mechanism at work on the server which causes a delay in the changes being processed?

If you use a different browser, do you still have the issue? I can’t check in browserstack or on my phone because of the ip block. Maybe it helps if you clear the browser cache completely.

#20498 Reply

CrownRandall
    Participant

should i clear and remove all cache to see if working after it gives some time to refresh on server…yeah there is a slight delay i know that….im going to disable all cache and give it a little while and see. i do have security plugins as well…plus we run through a sitelock firewall that delivers our site content CDN….i will be in touch if need more eyes on it….what country are you in again? i can remove that block so you are able to see more if need be

#20504 Reply

Yes, I think that’s the best course of action. I’m located in the Netherlands. Let me know if I can check anything for you.

#20507 Reply

CrownRandall
    Participant

Still no good…seeing other stuff not coming through….i did unblock your country to see if can look deeper and have any suggestions…maybe uninstall SSL plugin and revert back to http if cant fix….we have too many ppl looking at our site for news that are now sending me complaints. thanks!

#20509 Reply

CrownRandall
    Participant

ok…i did re-add my caching plugin (W3) back and it seemed to have woke up part of desktop site that were causing concern….still having issues mobile and some redirects and 500 errors….if you have any suggestions i would appreciate…seems when i speak with BlueHost they never seem to really help

#20515 Reply

I still get your site without issues on Safari, Firefox and Chrome. It just looks good, with the green lock. It’s important to find out who has issues, and who doesn’t. Maybe your changes are coming too fast, and fix doesn’t get time to propagate.

I would think there is something in your server configuration that is causing unexpected results. Some caching tool, like Varnish cache maybe. I would deactivate all caching, on server and plugins as well, then wait a few hours to see how that works out.

#20517 Reply

CrownRandall
    Participant

gotcha…i did disable varnish cache to see if that makes a difference…i admit i get very impatient so i need to let it prop to see if fixed. the biggest issue is the mobile and facebook app links. if you are on facebook our page with the links is /bluebagnews or The Early Bird … you can see the pages are broken and serving all the content to display the page correctly…this is a huge issue and everyone i have had try is having same issue…sorry to take up so much of your time today!

#20520 Reply

I guess I’m not looking at the right page. I looked on your facebook page, but didn’t find the page with the issues. Can you give me a direct link?

#20521 Reply

CrownRandall
    Participant

It is within the facebook app…you wont see it using desktop of url… if you go to our site via mobile browser do you see the site looking ok or does it look funky or broken? and if you log in to facebook using the app our page is “The Early Bird” or url is https://www.facebook.com/bluebagnews and you will need to click on a link from inside a post that goes to earlybirdpaper.com (sorry if confusing)

#20522 Reply

I can only access your site on my desktop, where you’ve added the ip for.

If it possible the ip block causes issues with Facebook?

#20523 Reply

CrownRandall
    Participant

I have had the country blocks in place for quite some time so i doubt that has anything to do with it. I will keep eye on it and see if resolves…. i will do a screenshot of the facebook issue since you cant access it. If you are on mobile over your wifi you should be able to access i would think since ip is unblocked. I just removed the country block all together to allow you access if wanna check real quick…….

#20527 Reply

Yes, you’re right, I should be able to see it on mobile, as I’m on Wifi and the same ip… So with this in mind I tried again, and after hitting refresh about 20 times now I get your site on mobile, without issues. I you had the country block along that probably isn’t it, I agree. So that leaves the server side cache I guess. Can’t think of anything else that could cause this.

#20528 Reply

CrownRandall
    Participant

yep…now it looks fixed…varnish cache is off on server side…still have my cache plugins enabled. will see how things go…like having varnish running with our heavy server load, but need our site to work is the priority. thank you my friend and will be in touch again soon im sure (though i dont hope)… 😉

#20538 Reply

CrownRandall
    Participant

Just an fyi…seems like the varnish cache being disabled has corrected several of the issues…even the facebook app one is now displaying correctly…fingers crossed but wanted to let you know for future reference. Thanks again for dedicating so much of your time to help out everyone you do!!

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
Reply To: Redirects issue
Your information: