- This topic is empty.
- May 10, 2016 at 9:06 pm #2340Rick_NLGuest
First thanks for the great plugin, it really saved me some time today implementing the SSL on my website (https://bluelagoonuvc.com).
Everything seemed to work fine but when testing the ‘www’ version, which normally without problems redirects to the non-www version, I get the loop message ‘ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS’.
– I’ve tried deleting cookies.
– I’ve put the www to non-www rules in the .htaccess file as mentioned in another part of this website but then I also get this error at the non-www version.
– I’ve tried removing everythig between the hashtags of this plugin in the .htaccess file but also no result.
I haven’t found a fix on this or other forums so hope you can put me in the right direction.
RickMay 11, 2016 at 8:41 am #2345RogierKeymaster
As you removed the redirect from Really Simple SSl from the .htaccess, the plugin does not redirect anymore. So if the problem persists, there has to be another redirect rule, either in your .htaccess, or in a plugin.
I would start with checking these items:
– Check if you have a specific www to non www rule. Let it redirect to https and move it to the top of your .htaccess. Check what happens if you remove it.
– Check that you do not have any other redirect rules in your .htaccess
– Deactivate any redirect, caching or security plugin you have, as those sometimes redirect as well.
If that doesn’t help, deactivate any non-critical plugin you can find, to see if that solves your issue.