Forum | Really Simple SSL

no green padlock?

Home Forums General issues no green padlock?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Baran G Gorgulu

I have an ssl through cloudflare and I have really simple SSL activated but I am still getting a message saying not a fully secure connection. my website is 123insects.com what should I do.

Rogier
    Keymaster

I see a secure connection. Can you try to clear your browser cache?

daryl malicdem
    Participant

goldenmagusa.com

no green padlock im on pro

Rogier
    Keymaster

You don’t have a valid SSL certificate. Please install a certificate first.

Daryl Malicdem

but how?

daryl malicdem
    Participant

i already checked “Enable the mixed content fixer on the WordPress back-end”

Patrick B

I have installed Really Simple SSL on my WordPress website, redstoneflightgear.com. It was edited with Elementor, and I have followed all the recommended steps to install successfully with Elementor. The lock is showing on all pages EXCEPT the homepage. I have cleared all cache (browser, WordPress), but still no luck on getting the lock on the homepage. Please help!

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

your site loads one image from a development domain: http://box2209.temp.domains/~redstos2/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/Screen-Shot-2020-05-27-at-9.06.29-AM.jpg. Replacing the development domain with the live domain should resolve this issue.

Mark

Patrick B

Thank you!

As you posted this, I also found a resource that told me to check the JavaScript inspector within my browser, which then populated the error message and the associated image. For those reading this thread having a similar problem, I recommend checking out this video to isolate which content is causing the issues on your site/pages: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VffnWKsOBD0

The solve for me was editing the page, simply re-uploading the same image, and that fixed the issue.

noman

i have installed SSL certificate and enabled really simple SSL but still it says that my website is not fully secured, please guide me how can I fix this issue and display the lock pad?

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Noman,

on what domain are you experiencing these issues?

Mark

noman

bestcableproviders.info

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Noman,

your site does seem to have the secure lock. Could you try to clear your browser cache as described here https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic to see if that resolves the issue?

Mark

Salih Peterson

Hi!
    I have installed SSL certificate and enabled really simple SSL,but still, I have no green padlock. My padlock is dark grey. I have tried the suggestions, but to no avail. I would appreciate it if you would guide me as to how I can fix this issue and display the green lock pad?
    Thank you

Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Salih,

since a while the padlock shows as a grey, secured padlock. Most browsers have stopped showing the green padlock. As long as your site has the grey padlock it is secured.

Mark

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • The topic ‘no green padlock?’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe