Home Forums General issues Images won't load.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Eli

Hello there, great plugin.

I’m running into a problem with it though where immediately after installing the plugin all images won’t display throughout my site, if I uninstall or disable the plugin all images become available again, images are hosted on the same domain/machine, so I’m not exactly sure what’s going on, I wonder if this is a server error or something specifically related to the plugin, I tried restarting apache, but that won’t help either, any help would be appreciated.

#15095 Reply
    Rogier
    Keymaster

This can have several causes: you need to check in what way the images are blocked. Here
    https://really-simple-ssl.com/knowledge-base/how-to-track-down-mixed-content-or-insecure-content/ you can find instructions how to check your Google Chrome console for blocked content.

In some cases the images are loaded through an old development url, which does not have an SSL certificate. In that case you can fix it by changing the url.

It’s also possible you get 403 forbidden errors on your images. https://really-simple-ssl.com/knowledge-base/403-errors-images-ssl-activated/

If you have some more information I can be more specific. If you send me the domain, I can take a look.

#15110 Reply
    Eli

Hey there, thanks for your quick reply, it seems that another SSL plugin I had installed and removed had really messed something up, even after no SSL plugins installed images wouldn’t load, so I had to re-install wordpress, dropped my old wp databases and put back the backup I created before doing any changes.

After all this and putting back the Really Simple SSL plugin back in it almost worked but still some images in “pages” (not in posts) wouldn’t load, so I removed hot linking protection from my site and now everything appears to be working fine, but I still have to figure out why images on “pages” still won’t load if hot linking is set to “on” in the server, funny thing is that images on those pages that were not in the same domain were loading with no problem.

#15115 Reply
    Rogier
    Keymaster

Good to hear it’s fixed. If the other domain has an SSL certificate, there is no problem loading over the domain. The issue only occurs when images are on another domain without SSL certificate. In that case the images cannot load over SSL.

#15137 Reply
    Eli
    Participant

Thanks, this leads me to another question, I have noticed that my Google AdSense ads are not loading now though, do you know if there’s anything I can do to fix this? that’s really a problem for me, I believe all AdSense content is served from secured servers, any ideas? you may check my site if you want http://www.realact.net when I look in a mobile device the ads load though.

#15139 Reply
    Rogier
    Keymaster

The ads load fine on my system, both in Chrome and Firefox. Maybe your browser is blocking them? Could be a browser setting.

#15141 Reply
    Eli
    Participant

Thanks for your quick reply and for testing it for me, I’ll look deeper into this, I’ll try clearing up my cache again and doing some other tests and will report back my findings.

#15147 Reply
    Eli
    Participant

Yeah, there’s definitely something going on, it seems that some people see the ads and some don’t, my friend checked for me using his desktop PC and he says the ads are being blocked for him as well, I myself cannot see them either, it just shows the default blank placeholder like when an embedded picture is missing.

#15149 Reply
    Eli
    Participant

Ok, it turns out it was actually our ads blocking software that was blocking the ads even though we had whitelisted the site, I looked at the Chrome console and it was showing an error about AdGuard, after I disabled AdGuard completely the ads started to show again.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Images won't load.
Your information: