Home Forums Redirect loops Google can't spider site due to Redirects

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Josh Moody
    Participant

Google PageSpeed Insights is detecting an infinite loop on my domain after installing Really Simple SSL.
    I’ve commented out all the lines in the .htaccess file per the instructions and added the recommended code to the wp-config file. I have no trouble accessing the site or the /wp-admin page but still Google’s spider gets errors. Any ideas?

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

#12957 Reply
    Rogier
    Keymaster

Maybe it was a caching issue. I just ran the speedcheck on your site, and the first time it gave the loop error, but on refresh it came back ok.

I think you can activate the .htaccess redirect as well. If your site loads normally, Google should be able to load it as well.

#12959 Reply
    Josh Moody
    Participant

I tried disabling it and it still happened but i will comment out all the references to the caching pluggin in htaccess and see if that works… ill let you know

#12960 Reply
    Josh Moody
    Participant

That seemed to fix it. I will try turning it back on and turn off everything except browser caching and see if it still happens.

#12961 Reply
    Rogier
    Keymaster

I also opened your site in the firefox, and also got an infinite loop, but after your last post, it loads fine.

#12962 Reply
    Josh Moody
    Participant

So it seems to be W3 Total Cache that is causing the problem now that I am using SSL. Have you encountered this before? I changed my setting to these https://jonatanrosales.com/w3-total-cache-optimal-settings/ but it didn’t help so I may have to hunt down the offending setting one setting at a time.

#12963 Reply
    Rogier
    Keymaster

I’m not aware of a specific setting in W3TC that could cause this. If you find it, please share!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Google can't spider site due to Redirects
Your information: