Forum | Really Simple SSL

Deactivating Plugin

Home Forums General issues Deactivating Plugin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Leo Emery
    Participant

I am trying to fix a wordpress issue and part of that is deactivating plugins. Can I temporarly deactivate the Simple RSS plugin do my test and reactivate it?

Leo

Rogier
    Keymaster

Hi Leo,

I recommend to use the “deactivate plugin but keep https” option in settings/ssl/settings.

This will keep your site on SSL, and prevent any issues from reverting to http.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Rogier.
    Leo Emery

Thank you – Before I do anything. I know you have lots of experience with wordpress can I ask a quick question?

My site is running just fine, everything displays fine. The only issue I am having is accessing (edit) just 1 page of my site – when I try to access it either through the dashboard or on the page itself I get the message:

There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

Now I have no messages in the dashboard area, nor did I get an email notification. Would you have any idea why I cannot access this 1 page and the rest of my site is running perfectly fine, and can access everything else on my site?

Any ideas or help would be aprreciated.

Rogier
    Keymaster

To find the error you can add

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
        define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', true);
        define('WP_DEBUG_LOG',     true);

to your wp-config.php, then check in the logs in wp-content/debug.log if you see any php errors.

Leo Emery
    Participant

Thank you I got things sorted. The server PHP memory was timing out. So I increased that and everything is working fine. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Deactivating Plugin’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe