Home Forums General issues Curl error 60

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Peter Cooper

I am getting “The mixed content fixer could not be detected due to a cURL error: cURL error 60.” I am on WampServer, which ties in with the support statement “This error often occurs on localhost development environments since these usually don’t have a valid SSL certificate.”

I would like to get The mixed content fixer working, so following online advice about curl error 60, I have tried downloading cacert.pem and setting curl.cainfo in phpForApache.ini, but the issue is still there.

Another solution suggested is to use curl_setopt($rest, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false); but I do not see where I can use that in the context of Really Simple SSL.

Another solution suggested is to get uptodate versions. phpinfo tells me I am using php 7.3.1 and cURL 7.61.1. Using curl on the command line tells me it is curl 7.55.1 (Windows) libcurl/7.55.1 WinSSL – and I can use it without errors. I am not sure if this indicates I need to update anything.

I cannot see anything in the logs apart from that there is a curl error 60.

Can you give me any pointers, maybe even so that I can ask those who know about Wampserver on their forum the right questions?

#350565 Reply
    Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

it’s possible the mixed content fixer is working fine, even if the check returns a cURL error 60. Could you check in the page source of your homepage if the data-rsssl=1 marker is visible? If so, the mixed content fixer is active.

Mark

#351629 Reply
    Peter Cooper

Yes the body starts <body data-rsssl=1. I was intrigued that I had not seen any mixed content warnings so it seems the mixed content fixer is working.

Thanks.

#357818 Reply
    Richard

RSSSL is reporting a cURL error 60 on my site also. I approached my ISP whose support team replied with this:-

“The cURL error you’re experiencing is due to the way the SSL
    certificate is installed onto the server. The certificate is
    installed on LCN’s “load balancer” rather than the
    hosting server its self. This error is produced as the mixed content
    checker is checking for the SSL on the hosting server rather than
    the load balancer. This shouldn’t affect any functionality, the
    SSL displays as it should.”

Unfortunately this error also seems to be affecting another plugin Optimole but I am completely out of my depth with both plugin support pointing me to my ISP and the ISP pointing back!

Some help would be very gratefully received.

#359742 Reply
    Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

this can be considered a false postive, as SSL works as it should. As long as the site has the secure lock you should be fine.

Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Curl error 60
Your information: