Home Forums General issues Curl error 60

• This topic has 2 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 1 week, 1 day ago by Peter Cooper.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Peter Cooper

I am getting “The mixed content fixer could not be detected due to a cURL error: cURL error 60.” I am on WampServer, which ties in with the support statement “This error often occurs on localhost development environments since these usually don’t have a valid SSL certificate.”

I would like to get The mixed content fixer working, so following online advice about curl error 60, I have tried downloading cacert.pem and setting curl.cainfo in phpForApache.ini, but the issue is still there.

Another solution suggested is to use curl_setopt($rest, CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER, false); but I do not see where I can use that in the context of Really Simple SSL.

Another solution suggested is to get uptodate versions. phpinfo tells me I am using php 7.3.1 and cURL 7.61.1. Using curl on the command line tells me it is curl 7.55.1 (Windows) libcurl/7.55.1 WinSSL – and I can use it without errors. I am not sure if this indicates I need to update anything.

I cannot see anything in the logs apart from that there is a curl error 60.

Can you give me any pointers, maybe even so that I can ask those who know about Wampserver on their forum the right questions?

#350565 Reply
    Mark
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

it’s possible the mixed content fixer is working fine, even if the check returns a cURL error 60. Could you check in the page source of your homepage if the data-rsssl=1 marker is visible? If so, the mixed content fixer is active.

Mark

#351629 Reply
    Peter Cooper

Yes the body starts <body data-rsssl=1. I was intrigued that I had not seen any mixed content warnings so it seems the mixed content fixer is working.

Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Curl error 60
Your information: