Home Forums General issues Cannot Load SSL Site In A Mobile Browser

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    knightyknight2
    Participant

Hello!

I love this plugin!and how easy it is to use so thank you! I am having one issue right now.

The site works great on desktops, but mobile devices it does not. I check it on the Qualys site and received a grade of an A. It also says “This site works only in browsers with SNI support.”. How can I get the site to work with mobile browsers as it is (like many sites) the bulk of my visitors.

Thanks in advance!

#15117 Reply
    Rogier
    Keymaster

Did you check in the SSL report if there are chain issues? In most cases this is the cause.

You could also try this approach, changing the htaccess redirect in case of non-standard server configuration:

https://really-simple-ssl.com/knowledge-base/website-loads-well-in-chrome-but-not-in-safari

#15130 Reply
    knightyknight2
    Participant

Hi Rogier! Thank you for the quick response! I did and it works on my Samsung tablet, but it does not work on my phone (also Samsung). I’ve tried Chrome on my phone as well and it did not work. I’m hosted with Hostgator so would the configuration be considered “non-standard”??

#15135 Reply
    Rogier
    Keymaster

All mobile issues I’ve seen sofar were connected to the server, DNS, or certificate. In case of a server issue an alternative htaccess probably will work. As your certificate seems ok, I would try what happens if you remove the .htaccess redirect, and if that works, try the redirect as proposed in the link about chrome/safari.

If that doesn’t help, please test on several different phones and tablets of different brands, to see if that gives some insights.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Cannot Load SSL Site In A Mobile Browser
Your information: