[Support request] automatic re-activation

Home Forums General issues automatic re-activation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark Wolters 5 days, 16 hours ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

almageccom
    Participant

Hi, I am very new to WordPress and to Really Simple SSL. Please forgive me if I ask a dumb question… I created a website with WP and installed the plugin to activate SSL and it worked fine. Now, whenever I modify a page the modification shows while I am logged in to WP; but not to the outside world–until I deactivate keeping the SSL and then re-activate the plugin.

My guess based on the behavior is that I am viewing the http: version of the pages while logged in to WP; but must trigger the plugin to copy them to https: (in another directory?) in order for the changes to appear to the outside world.

My question (finally!, right?) is whether there is a one-click way to cause the updates to happen. It takes about 5-6 clicks to do the sequence I am now doing. It works–but when my daughter watched me do it she thought it was pretty clumsy. A one-click solution would help me save face 🙂

Thanks, Al

• This topic was modified 1 week ago by  almageccom.
    #261111 Reply

Mark Wolters
    Keymaster

Hi,

usually when a site does have the secure lock when logged in but not when logged out it’s because of caching. Caching is usually disabled for logged in users, this explains why it does work for logged in users while it doesn’t work for users who are not logged in. Can you check if your site uses a caching plugin? If so, you can clear the cache after every update.

Mark

#261260 Reply

almageccom
    Participant

Thanks, that gives me something to look into. I will let you know if it solves the nuisance issue. Al

addendum: I do not find any caching plugin installed. Al

• This reply was modified 6 days, 12 hours ago by  almageccom.
    #261701 Reply

Mark Wolters
    Keymaster

On what site are you experiencing these issues? If you can provide us with your site address we can have a look at what might be going wrong.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: automatic re-activation
Your information: