Forum | Really Simple SSL

503 errors and other issues

Home Forums General issues 503 errors and other issues

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Oliver Strube
    Participant

Hello Rogier, I am using your premium version of RS SSL and while it is really simple to set up, it may be causing issues that I could use some help with.

1. I’m getting a lot of 503 (server unavailable) errors since installing the plugin, especially when publishing new posts or submitting any forms

2. Also, the scan is unable to complete. It seems to get hang up just before finishing

The sites are abeltwitchell.com & monadnockliving.net

Thanks for your help!

Oliver

Rogier
    Keymaster

Hi Oliver,

I haven’t seen 503 errors linked to Really Simple SSL before. It could be connected to the configuration of your server, or it could be a plugin issue.

The best way to get to the bottom of this is to setup a testing environment in a subdirectory, without any plugins, and with a default theme, and enabling the plugin. Then one by one, add the theme and then all plugins until you get this error again. In most cases you can pinpoint the issue this way, without harming your live site.

As for the freezing scan, do you have the latest version (1.0.13)? If not, please upgrade and try again.
    If you are on the latest version, it could be memory issues. You can try upgrading the memory by adding

define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’);

To your wp-config.php, and try again.

If that doesn’t help, I need some input: can you send me a screenshot, and also, if possible, an errorlog?

To generate an errorlog:
    In wp-config.php replace
    define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);

with
    define(‘WP_DEBUG’, true);
    define(‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true);

Then run the scan. Then get the log from wp-content/debug.log

Then change the wp-config.php back.

Rogier

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘503 errors and other issues’ is closed to new replies.

Subscribe